We are a macrophage cell therapy company focused on resolving chronic inflammatory damage. Our multidisciplinary team brings together a diverse set of skills to pursue our mission.
We are a macrophage cell therapy company
Resolution Therapeutics is a biotechnology company developing macrophage cell therapy to treat inflammatory organ disease. The company was founded following a productive collaboration between Edinburgh’s Centre for Regenerative Medicine, the Scottish National Blood Transfusion Service, and Syncona Investment Management Limited. The company is based in the Centre for Regenerative Medicine on the Edinburgh Royal Infirmary Campus, and is backed by Syncona.
Our initial focus is in chronic liver disease. It is the only chronic disease still on the rise in western countries, and affects millions of people worldwide. Unfortunately, only supportive therapies are currently available. For patients with end-stage liver disease (cirrhosis) the only therapeutic option is liver transplantation, a complex surgical procedure limited by complications and a shortage of donors. At Resolution Therapeutics (RTx), we are developing a macrophage cell therapy product to treat patients at risk of liver decompensation, thus helping them avoid the need for a liver transplant.
The Board of Directors
At RTx we believe that it is important to be deliberate about company culture. Our core company values have been defined with the help of everyone at RTx at all seniority levels. They are an integral part of RTx life, from the hiring process to the running of day-to-day business, and they outline our collective beliefs, thoughts, and feelings and state how we can work together in a fair, inclusive, and effective manner.
Our principles are:
- 1. We are passionate about delivering scientific excellence for the benefit of patients.
- 2. We work together across the whole company from the bottom-up as well as from the top-down to create a One-Team feeling.
- 3. We collaborate to create an inclusive and fair environment in RTx.
- 4. We encourage transparency and incorporate learning in all we do.
- 5. We enjoy the journey by introducing fun in the day-to-day affairs of science and business.
More details can be found here.